Saturday, May 4, 2013

sodalite rock, not sure that would be found there & the raking is extreme



Good day yesterday will runner beans and peas now in. Desperate to get some salad and herbs and rocket as I realise they could make a return quite fast. I will need to devote the next sowing to those along with more carrots, beetroot and radish.
Finally got my replacement coil for the rotavator so can go back to building up beds but want to make a wire mesh rake for my draw plough and see if I can draw some of the stones to the end of the rows, the raking is extreme, there are so many stones and it is not an easy patch to work because of that. I calculated that the bed I raked yesterday has 1/3rd stone content, the heaps are huge and in total it will be tons of stones.
Mainly flint but i did find a bit of sodalite rock, not sure that would be found there.






 
pretty  stuff isn't it



Thanks for help with the porous pipe to lay on the ridges of the raised beds. I do still need more so if anyone can help with this or simple water timers please let me know................
if anyone can help with the cost of irrigation please let me know, we need about 5 of these urgently for the plot. I've checked and it is about the cheapest available. You can order direct and have it sent to me. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment